February 24th, 2009
36th Canadian Sport Award winners announced. Congratulations to Jane Roos (‘Leadership in Sport’ award recipient) all the other winners.
Male Athlete of the Year: Eric Lamaze – Equestrian
recognize outstanding athletic performance.
- Female Athlete of the Year: Chantal Petitclerc – Athletics
- Junior Athlete of the Year: Sarah Reid – Skeleton
- Team of the Year: Curling: Men’s World Championship
- Partners of the Year: Rowing: Beijing Olympics Gold Medal: M Eights (M8+) (Wetzel / Light / Rutledge / Seiterle / Howard / Kreek / Hamilton / Price / Byrnes)
recognize and celebrate an individual’s outstanding
contribution to the betterment of sport.
- Leadership in Sport Award: Jane Roos
- Volunteer Achievement: Alain Maillé
Corporate Excellence Award
recognizes and celebrates a corporation who provides outstanding support to Canadian sport.
Spirit of Sport Story of the Year
recognizes and celebrates Canadian heroes who, in the pursuit of sporting excellence, have demonstrated values such as fairness, inclusion, perseverance, sportsmanship, respect for others, and a true love of sport.
- Kyle Shewfelt